Hello blog, I’m so terribly sorry. I’ve been awful at keeping up with this, trying to find a balance between my personal life and work as well as crafting. While I had a lot of fun in 2014, and I did a lot of fun things, I also had a hard time trying to find a voice for this blog. It’s one of my goals for 2015 to be better at updating this, and to try and take a more personal approach to this blog as well. So for starters, here are some of the things I would like to accomplish this year.
1. I just moved into a new apartment at the start of the new year with my boyfriend. It has been both exciting and scary! Right now our apartment is pretty bare. We have a lot of things just sitting in corners, and absolutely no pictures on the wall. It’s breaking my creative heart now, but it’s one of my goals to make my bedroom a more warm and inviting place to be. I hope to document this journey of decorating, especially since we are a little poor (ah, young love is fun, right?!), we plan to build a lot of the furniture we want.
2. I want to fill out my etsy shop even more, and I want to start selling some of the items I have made instead of just the patterns for them. I want to finish my Disney Princess Dress Hats project that I started and discussed here. I’ve got three down (but only two which have been added to my store), and a lot more to go, but I want to produce them on a more regular basis. I also want to try and make some matching cowls to go with them, and that way come fall I’ll have some sets that I can hopefully sell!
3. My older sister has been a huge help with patterns, and she has started a Disney Princess Amigurumi Doll set, which you can find here in my etsy store. Hopefully I’ll have another post soon, discussing this project a little more, but we want to continue with this into other pop culture references. I’ve already started on some Sailor Moon themed dolls which I will be releasing in February! Mars and Mercury are down, and I have three more inner scouts to do before the set will be complete. We also have some superhero ones in mind and Doctor Who! We’re such nerds.
4. Go to a craft fair, and possibly participate in one too! This has always been a dream of mine, but I honestly have no idea where to start. So this is gonna take a lot of research for me. Does anyone have any craft fair tips, or know of any great ones in Chicago?
5. This is definitely a more personal goal for me, but I have a traveller’s heart despite having not travelled to many places. So I want to take a trip this year that doesn’t involve visiting family. My hearts is pretty set on New Orleans right now, since I have always been wanting to visit. Has anyone ever been there before? What are some of the best places you’ve been to in the States?
6. This is probably the most important goal. I want to create more content. Whether it’s me talking about my personal journey, or updating with some free patterns, I want this blog to document my process for everything. I’m excited for all that I will accomplish this year, I hope you are too!